- First, let me say that we do NOT use loops in more than one pack! Each pack contains only new midi files!
- All our grooves have variations and multiple groove + fill at the end. This makes it super easy to create your drum tracks!
- We also provide extra fills arranged by tempo for your convenience.
A. Labeling or file naming:
1. Tempo is at the beginning of the file name. If the time signature is other than 4/4, it will also be at the beginning of the name.
2. We try to name our drum loops in a descriptive way. For snare, we use terms like "displaced", "half-time", "4 feel" (Motown) and "stick" for side stick; Ride articulations: "ride" and bell; HiHat: Open, Shank, 8ths, 16ths or quarters.
B. Rock Packs
We sell both midi song packs and midi loops packs as described below.
Note: Rock 1 has been discontinued.
1) Rock 2 - Rock midi loops played by a professional studio drummer. The softer side of rock in song format (intro, verse, chorus, bridge, outro). Not just for ballads, it also has "alternative" sounding grooves that are not super busy or progressive. A nice mix for modern rock.
2) Contemporary Rock - Rock midi beats layed by a professional studio drummer. Contemporary rock grooves in song format (intro, verse, chorus, bridge, outro). These have louder dynamics than Rock 2 and are also a bit simpler and "straight forward". We throw some surprises in there too!
3) Rock Essentials 1 - Rock midi drum beats played by a professional studio drummer. These are the most common, everyday rock grooves in 7 essential "feels": ballad feel with side stick, 4 on the floor, driving/quarter note, 8th note, 16th note, Floor Tom grooves and half-time.
Fills arranged and labeled by tempo and type: rolls, toms, flams and builds!
These are for users who need "straight forward" but very common and very useful midi drum loops.
4) Rock Essentials 2 - Rock midi drum loops in 7 essential feels: Shuffle, Half-Time Shuffle, Ballad - Straight (3/4, 6/8 and 12/8), Ballad - Shuffle (3/4 and 12/8), Straight 8ths, Straight and Shuffle 16ths and Driving Rock (3/4 and 6/8)
Drum fills arranged by tempo and type (build, flam, toms, pushes and rolls)!
5) Blues Rock - 1,000 midi drum files in song format played by a professional drummer: Intro, Verse, Prechorus, Chorus, Bridge, Solo, Outro and Endings! These drum loops are a full 8 or 12-bars long in 4/4 or 12/8 with a tempo range of 75 bpm to 170 bpm.
We've also included extra fills in both the verse and chorus feels for extra flexibility.
C. Other Rock-oriented Groove Monkee packs include: Blues, Punk, Progressive, Metal, Hard Rock and Power Rock.